The Speech and Language Therapy Service provides a range of training opportunities for both early years and school. Core training workshops are provided free of charge to those supporting a child with SLC needs (when recommended by your SLT). Additional training courses are available at a small cost to delegates.
Training around a child’s specific speech, language and communication needs is considered an essential part of our core offer. This enables parents/carers and professionals involved with the child, to provide an appropriate level of support and input.
Workshops available include (please click on the title to find out more information and availability):
- Speech sound workshop (staff)
- Helping children with unclear speech (parents)
- Developing language skills (staff)
- BLANKs workshop (parents and staff)
- Communication friendly environments (staff)
- Communication books/boards (parents and staff)
- Picture exchange (parents and staff)
- Stammering (staff)
- Supporting communication at home (parents)
- Early communication (invite only)
- Signing (coming soon)
There are a range of additional training packages and accredited training that is available for both early years and schools. Additional training currently available is:
- Talk for All 0-5 yrs (accredited)
- Elklan 5-11 yrs (accredited)
- Supporting Speech, Language and Communication needs in Secondary age pupils
- Lift off to Language for 2 yr olds
- Lift off to Language for 3-5 yr olds
- Lift off to Language for KS1
For more information about our training/ workshops, please click here for our training brochure.
Bespoke training is also available for whole school training, clusters of schools, inset day training etc. Costings will be agreed dependent on your requirements.
Contact us to book or for further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org