Speech, language and communication skills develop in everyday situations throughout the day at home and school. This is a workshop for staff working with children with speech sound difficulties in both Early Years and School Age.
By attending this workshop you will:
- Gain an understanding of speech sound development
- Learn strategies and games at a universal and targeted level to support speech sound development
- Feel confident to know how and when to refer for speech and language support
- You are a member of staff working in an education setting in Luton and Bedfordshire.
- You may have completed a speech sound screener and have concerns about a child’s speech sound development.
- The child you are working with:
- Is able to speak in short sentences but other people do not understand them
- May be swapping some sounds or not using certain sounds at all
- Can attend to an adult led activity for 5-10 minutes
Access the speech sound screener here.
How to Book
Places are limited to 20 participants per workshop and a maximum of 3 staff members from the same setting may attend together.
We may be able to accommodate requests from settings for larger groups where necessary. Please contact the training team on firstname.lastname@example.org to outline your requirements.
Please note: As of 01.09.22 a penalty fee may be incurred for non-attendance.
|Tuesday 20th September||09.30 – 11.30||FULLY BOOKED|
|Wednesday 9th November||13.00-15.00||via Microsoft Teams|
To book a place please complete the booking form here.
Please note bookings for all courses will close 2 working days before the date of the training.