Speech, language and communication skills develop in everyday situations throughout the day at home and school. This is a workshop for parents and staff working with school age children. Telling stories, sharing news, relaying events are all essential communication skills that form part of our everyday interactions.
By attending this workshop we hope you will:
- Become familiar with how narrative develops in children.
- Develop your understanding about the importance of narrative skills in everyday life.
- Recognise the impact that difficulties in this area can have.
- Become familiar with how to support the development of storytelling and narrative skills.
Your child or the child you support may:
- Find it difficult to talk about things that have happened.
- Give very little detail or include lots of irrelevant details when sharing their news.
- Assume you know what they are talking about.
- Get their ideas muddled up.
How to Book:
Places are limited to 25 participants per workshop and a maximum of 3 adults per child may attend together.
We may be able to accommodate requests from settings for larger groups where necessary. Please contact the training team on email@example.com to outline your requirements
Please note: As of 01.09.22 a penalty fee may be incurred for non-attendance.
|Wednesday 18th January||13.00 – 15.00||via Microsoft Teams|
To book a place please complete the booking form here.
Please note bookings for all courses will close 2 working days before the date of the training.