This is an intensive course (with an optional accreditation) for any practitioner
(including childminders) working with children in the Early Years.
By attending this course we hope you will:
- Increase your capacity to identify and support children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs
- Strengthen your understanding of the impact of Speech, Language and Communication difficulties on the child.
- Be able to identify children with attention and listening, comprehension, expressive language and phonology difficulties and confidently refer these children for additional support.
- Understand and be able to implement strategies at a universal and targeted level to support children with attention and listening, comprehension, expressive language and phonology difficulties.
- Understand the development of English as an Additional Language and how best to support this in your setting
- Introduction and Statistics and SLCN Prevalence-causes-brain development
- How and when does Communication Develop
- Building Blocks for Communications
- Role of the Adult – Adult Child Interaction
- Setting the Environment for Communication – Communication Friendly Spaces
- Speech sounds
- Communication Strategies in the Home
- Supporting Parents of Children with SLCN
- Adverse Childhood Experience’s and SLCN
- Role of Speech and Language Therapy and Referrals
To book a place:
This course is currently being delivered in a virtual manner.
- Bedford practitioners: www.mylearningcentral.co.uk
- Central Bedfordshire practitioners: www.mylearningcentral.co.uk
- Luton practitioners: FlyingStart@eyalliance.org.uk
Once you have completed the e-learning please email email@example.com to book your place on one of our Professional Study Groups. On completion of the Study Group you will receive your course certificate.