Speech, language and communication skills develop in everyday situations throughout the day at home and school. This is a workshop for staff and parents working with children in both Early Years and School Age. The Blanks Model is a widely used model to help us think about the types of questions and language we use when talking with children. We encourage the staff member to attend the same workshop as the parent of the child they are supporting where possible, though this is not essential.
By attending this workshop we hope you will:
- Understand the Language of Learning Model (Blank’s theory)
- Be able to identify the level of language a child can understand
- Be able to adapt your language levels so that children understand what they are being asked
- Implement strategies to support language skills at a universal and targeted level in your school/setting and at home
- Be able to set appropriate language targets for children where you have language concerns
Cost: £25 per person (FREE if recommended to you by a Speech and Language Therapist as part of a child’s package of care)
|Tuesday 20th April 2021||13.00 – 15.00||Via Microsoft Teams|
|Thursday 13 May 2021||13.00 – 15.00||Via Microsoft Teams|
|Wednesday 9th June||10.00 – 12.00||Via Microsoft Teams|
|Tuesday 6th July 2021||13.00 – 15.00||Via Microsoft Teams|
More dates coming soon.
To book a place email: email@example.com