Speech, language and communication skills develop in everyday situations throughout the day at home and school. This is a workshop for staff and parents working with children in both Early Years and School Age. The Blanks Model is a widely used model to help us think about the types of questions and language we use when talking with children. We encourage the staff member to attend the same workshop as the parent of the child they are supporting where possible, though this is not essential.
By attending this workshop we hope you will:
- Understand the Language of Learning Model (Blank’s theory)
- Be able to identify the level of language a child can understand and be able to set appropriate targets where you have concerns.
- Be able to adapt your language levels so that children understand what they are being asked
- Implement strategies to support language skills at a universal and targeted level in your school/setting and at home
Your child or the child you support:
- Has difficulties understanding spoken language e.g. following directions or answering questions.
- May have additional difficulties in expressing themselves.
How to Book
Places are limited to 25 participants per workshop and a maximum of 2 adults per child may attend together
We may be able to accommodate requests from settings for larger groups where necessary. Please contact the training team on email@example.com to outline your requirements
Please note: As of 01.09.22 a penalty fee may be incurred for non-attendance.
Early years & Key Stage 1
|Tuesday 10th January 2023||09.30 – 11.30||FULLY BOOKED|
|Monday 6th February||13.00 – 15.00||FULLY BOOKED|
|Thursday 9th March||09.30 – 11.30||via Microsoft Teams|
Key Stage 2 – Key Stage 4
|Monday 14th November||09.30 – 11.30||FULLY BOOKED|
|Tuesday 17th January||09.30 – 11.30||via Microsoft Teams|
|Wednesday 8th March||13.00 – 15.00||via Microsoft Teams|
To book a place please complete the booking form here.
Please note bookings for all courses will close 2 working days before the date of the training.