Understanding & Using Vocabulary
This is a workshop for staff working with school age children. Lots of research shows that good vocabulary skills are linked to all areas of communication including understanding, speaking, reading and writing.
By attending this workshop we hope you will:
- Become familiar with how we learn new words.
- Develop your understanding about the importance of vocabulary in everyday life.
- Recognise the impact that difficulties in this area can have.
- Become familiar with how to support the development of vocabulary skills.
Reasons to attend:
The child you support may:
- Find it difficult to talk clearly get their message across
- Appear hesitant when talking or say non-specific things like “thingy” and “you know” a lot
- Struggle to retain/recall new words
- Not understand text they are reading or spoken information they hear
How to Book:
This is a virtual workshop hosted on MS Teams.
Thursday 29th February, 13.00-15.00, book here: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/739261289417
Please note bookings for all courses will close 2 working days before the date of the training.