Understanding & Using Vocabulary
Speech, language and communication skills develop in everyday situations throughout the day at home and school. This is a workshop for parents and staff working with school age children. Lots of research shows that good vocabulary skills are linked to all areas of communication including understanding, speaking, reading and writing.
By attending this workshop we hope you will:
- Become familiar with how we learn new words.
- Develop your understanding about the importance of vocabulary in everyday life.
- Recognise the impact that difficulties in this area can have.
- Become familiar with how to support the development of vocabulary skills.
Your child or the child you support may:
- Find it difficult to talk clearly get their message across
- Appear hesitant when talking or say non-specific things like “thingy” and “you know” a lot
- Struggle to retain/recall new words
- Not understand text they are reading or spoken information they hear
How to Book:
Places are limited to 25 participants per workshop and a maximum of 3 adults per child may attend together.
We may be able to accommodate requests from settings for larger groups where necessary. Please contact the training team on email@example.com to outline your requirements
Please note: As of 01.09.22 a penalty fee may be incurred for non-attendance.
|Thursday 3rd November||13.00 – 15.00||via Microsoft Teams|
To book a place please complete the booking form here.
Please note bookings for all courses will close 2 working days before the date of the training.