Communication skills develop in everyday situations throughout the day at home and school. This is a workshop for staff and parents working with children in both Early Years and School Age. Communication At the Heart of the School/Setting (CATHS) is a complete approach to promoting communication skill development in children. It aims to support parents/carers and school/setting staff to embed communication and interaction skills at home and in school/setting, and to create communication friendly environments for children. We encourage the staff member to attend the same workshop as the parent/carer of the child they are supporting where possible, though this is not essential.
By attending this workshop, we hope you will:
- Understand the importance of implementing a whole school approach in supporting communication needs
- Have a better understanding of the CATHS approach
- Learn about the techniques and strategies that you can use and embed into the daily life of the child to support their speech, language, and communication needs
Your child or the child you support:
- Is currently responding to their immediate environment
- Relies on adults interpreting most of their communicative behaviours
How to Book:
Places are limited to 25 participants per workshop and a maximum of 3 adults per child may attend together.
Please note: this course is by invitation only as recommended by a Speech and Language Therapist.
As of 01.09.22 a penalty fee may be incurred for non-attendance.
|Wednesday 5th October||13.00 – 15.00||via Microsoft Teams|
To book a place please complete the booking form here.
Please note bookings for all courses will close 2 working days before the date of the training