Communication friendly schools allow all children and young people to become competent, confident, and capable communicators. They remove barriers to communication for those with Speech, Language and Communication Needs and allow them to reach their potential within a supportive environment.
WHAT IS THE CFA?
- A Quality mark awarded to schools that show excellent and consistent practice in supporting Communication and Language.
- The whole school are involved in showing their commitment to supporting and developing children’s Communication and Language skills.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Schools develop an action plan against a set of standards relating to:
- Promoting Good Communication
- Practitioner Knowledge and Skills
- Whole Setting Approach to Communication
- Participating schools then demonstrate that they embed Communication and Language within their daily practice and learning environment by completing a portfolio of evidence over one academic year.
- Once you achieve the award it will be valid for 3 years
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- The CFA is available to those schools who have created a Communication Champion team by completing the Talking Success course.
- The Communication Champion team is made up of (at least) 3* staff who have completed Talking Success
- One of the Communication Champions must be part of the Senior Leadership Team
*Schools with less than 100 pupils may have a smaller Communication Champion team
HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
If you are interested in applying for the award in 2022-23 please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘CFA Bedford’ in the subject line by 12.10.22. An information event will be held on 19.10.22.