This is a workshop for staff working with children in both Early Years and School Age. The Blanks Model is a widely used model to help us think about the types of questions and language we use when talking with children.
By attending this workshop we hope you will:
- Understand the Language of Learning Model (Blank’s theory)
- Be able to identify the level of language a child can understand and be able to set appropriate targets where you have concerns.
- Be able to adapt your language levels so that children understand what they are being asked
- Implement strategies to support language skills at a universal and targeted level in your school/setting
Reasons to attend:
The child you support:
- Has difficulties understanding spoken language e.g. following directions or answering questions.
- May have additional difficulties in expressing themselves.
Dates & How to Book
Early Years and KS1
- Thursday 21st September, 13.00-15.00, book here: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/704463879427
- Tuesday 17th October, 09.30-11.30, book here: eventbrite.co.uk/e/704474320657
- Wednesday 15th November, 13.00-15.00, book here: eventbrite.co.uk/e/704476818127
KS2 – KS4
- Thursday 5th October, 09.30-11.30, book here: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/704477710797
- Monday 6th November, 13.00-15.00, book here: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/704478583407
Please note bookings for all courses will close 2 working days before the date of the training.