Speech, language and communication skills develop in everyday situations throughout the day at home and school. This is a workshop for staff who work with children and young people who stammer.
By attending this workshop we hope you will:
- Develop your awareness of what stammering is and how it can impact upon the life of the individual who stammers.
- Gain an insight into what treatment / therapy for stammering looks like today.
- Learn how to support children and young people who stammer and how to create a supportive and accepting environment in school.
- Be aware of resources for use in school with children and young people who stammer.
- You are a member of staff working in a school in Luton and Bedfordshire.
- You are supporting a child who stammers who is at least 7 years old.
- You have been invited to this course by a Speech & Language Therapist.
- You are prepared to disseminate information to other members of staff.
Dates & How to Book
This course is by invitation only as recommended by a Speech and Language Therapist
Places are limited to 20 per workshop and a maximum of 2 staff members from the same setting may attend together.
Please note: As of 01.09.22 a penalty fee may be incurred for non-attendance.
|Tuesday 7 November||15.00 – 16.00||Via Microsoft Teams|
To book a place please complete the booking form here.
Please note bookings for all courses will close 2 working days before the date of the training.